You’ve probably heard of braces and retainers, but are you aware of jaw repositioners? What about space maintainers? Lip and cheek bumpers? Dental devices come in a number of forms and fashions, and if you’ve got crooked chompers or other misalignment conditions, there’s something we can do for you.
The following is a list of dental and orthodontic apparatuses that you may be unfamiliar with:
– Jaw repositioners can help straighten jaws to make speaking, eating and breathing extra comfortable. They might also diminish hurt in people in pain from TMJ.
– Lip and cheek bumpers diminish pressure on pearly whites from the lips and cheeks, which can slowly move around teeth over time.
– Palatal expanders widen the jaw through use of a plastic, mouth-installing appliance that rests in the roof of the mouth, applying pressure to the palate.
– Space maintainers are useful if you’ve lost baby chompers prematurely: to avoid teeth from coming too close together, space maintainers maintain gaps open while adult pearly whites or dentures are made.
– Other appliances are built for specialized purposes such as preventing thumb-sucking or protecting your chompers from grinding or facial trauma.
To learn more about what oral and orthodontic appliances can do for you, please give our Coastal Orthodontic Care staff in Ventura, California, a call now at 805-650-1080. They’ll be sure to aid you as they answer your queries and address your concerns, and they can schedule you a visit with Dr. Adam Lautt.